How to set up POP3 email account on Microsoft Outlook 2007?
Setting Up Microsoft® Outlook 2007 for POP3 - Setting Up a POP3 Email Account
1. In Outlook, select Tools / Account Settings.
2. On the Email tab, click the New button.
3. Click the Next button.
4. Check the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” checkbox.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Click the Internet E-mail button.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Enter the following information:
• Your Name—Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
• E-mail Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., [email protected]), using all lowercase letters.
• Account Type—Select POP3 from the drop-down menu.
• Incoming mail server—Enter the following server name:
• Outgoing mail server (SMTP)—Enter the following server name:
• User Name—Enter your entire email address (e.g., [email protected]), using all lowercase letters.
• Password—Enter the password for your email account.
9. Check the “Remember password” checkbox, if you want Outlook to check for email without prompting you to enter your password.
10. Click the More Settings button.
11. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
12. Check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox. Leave the default setting to, “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. Check the “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” checkbox.
15. In the “Use the following type of encrypted connection” drop-down, select SSL.
16. Enter the following information:
• Incoming server (POP): 995
• Outgoing server (SMTP)*: 465
* If you are unable to use port 465, you can use one of the following alternate SMTP ports: 587 or 8025
17. A POP connection removes email from the server during download. If you want to access these messages from other email clients, check the “Leave a copy of messages on the server” checkbox, and set preferences as desired.
18. Click the OK button.
19. Click the Next button.
20. Click the Finish button.
21. Click the Close button.
Note: Outlook’s Test Account Settings tool will often indicate that the connection was not successful, though your settings are correct. Please disregard the Test Account Settings tool.
Was this answer helpful?
What is the POP3 server used for?
POP stands for Post Office Protocol. This is used to describe how e-mail clients interact with...
How to set up POP3 email account on Windows Mail?
Setting Up Windows Mail for POP3Note: Windows Mail is the successor to Outlook Express, and it...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution